Saturday, April 4, 2015

Touring the Garden

Phoenix Botanical Garden shows off the desert at its best. http://www.dbg.org/


http://www.powerpoetry.org/poems/desert-flower-1

 


Desert Flower 
It's been more than a decade or two.....
Since I've seen my desert rose in full bloom.....
She awakens during the midnight sun......
Her beauty amazing everyone....
But in order to be gaze upon her wonder you see......
You must travel to the forest of the Joshua tree....
There you will find a flower .....
With the sweetest fragrance you ever had the privilege to smell.....
An aroma from heaven you would swear it fell.....
To see her crimson peddles in fall.......
Will leave your mind in complete aw....
And then in the pale moon light.......
The water from her peddles start to ignite ......
That's when the ghostly mist starts to appear and she dances in the midnight air.....
But she to has rules she must live by......
And soon for ten more year she must hide...
So when this visits over and until it's time for you to awaken my flower.......
I will miss your crimson peddles......
And the fragrance of your skin.....
But I promise when it's time for you to bloom again I'll be there my friend...



No comments:

Post a Comment